Is July really over? How in the world did that happen?
Today, I’m linking up with Emily at Chatting at the Sky to share mid-to-late summer learning.
- Losing a pet is hard. My little friend Bubba got really sick about four weeks ago, and deteriorated very quickly. It got to the point where we had to take him to the vet to get him put down because he wasn’t able to move around or eat without a lot of pain. I’ve lost fish and a cat or two when I was a kid. But Bubba was born in my house, during an exam I was taking online, so I couldn’t move rooms (I should write a blog about that). I cried a lot, but it was good that we were able to take care of him until his last day. He was almost a year old.
- Being the “new guy” at a job is hard. I came from an office where it was my job to know everything about everything, and to help people get their jobs done. I have been at my new job for three weeks, and I don’t know anything. It’s humbling. It’s good. And I love it 😀
- Jim Cummings (the voice of Pooh Bear and Darkwing Duck) went to a conference and read Darth Vader lines as Pooh Bear and Darkwing Duck. Oh. My. Watch it. How did I just find this?
- Ground hogs like to eat tomatoes that are too low to the ground. The beautiful, heirloom tomatoes that you watched grow from a bloom. And then you can go the Farmer’s Market to get some to make yourself feel better.
- I want to write a book. I don’t have a good idea for a book. So I’m carrying around a pretty notebook to write down ideas for stories. I want to do so many things, and I have to start somewhere.
- I forget to write when I’m really busy and start new jobs. Oops. That’s going to change. I have so many more stories to tell you guys!
What did you learn? Head on over to the link-up to share with some awesome writers!