Today, I’m l linking up with Heather to share five favorites 🙂 (She’s a pretty funny/cool lady :))
After such a harsh winter, I’m learning to LOVE the summer. We had weeks of frigid days when we couldn’t go outside without what felt like a million layers on, all while Husband-Man was down for the count. During the winter, I could only hope that the summer would come soon, and that the world would thaw out again. AND IT HAS! It’s almost Independence Day, and the summer has been full of time outside, hiking, and all sorts of gloriously warm things. So, in no particular order, my five favorites of summer:
- Sunshine. Warm, short- or no-sleeves sun shine. I have been so happy to load up on vitamin-D and to bask in the sun. Before this summer, I wasn’t so keen on it. But now? Give me sunshine. (And sunglasses.)
- My freckles coming back. I’m still tempted to connect the dots on my arms to see what big pictures my freckles make. I vaguely remember getting in trouble for that when I was a kid, but now that I’m an “adult”, I think I should go for it. I think I found the big dipper about ten years ago.
- Fireflies. I am convinced that God loves glitter. There are open fields surrounding the apartments on our street, and at night, the fields are full of fireflies. It feels like millions, and I could watch for hours. They are so captivating.
- Popsicles. Popsicles on walks and after a hot ride in the car that has no air conditioning. I have never enjoyed them so much.
- Little critters. (And big critters.) Husband-Man and I go on evening walks almost year round, except when it’s took cold to be outside for too long. It’s lovely to come to the point of the year when we see animals on our walk. The other day, we came upon a white tailed deer drinking out of a stream at the end of the street. We’ve found toads, frogs, and a cat that seems to think that he’s a tiger. He sits in high grass with his tail twitching back and forth trying to catch bugs and small animals. Sometimes, he lets me pet him. Only sometimes.