May was one of those months that when I got to the end of it, I really had to think hard about what I learned. But, in no particular order, here’s to my first link-up!
- Blogging is FUN! I just started to blog this month, because I love writing, but I forget to do it. It’s scary to be honest in such a public forum, but it’s equally as freeing.
- Sunshine is wonderful. Warm sunshine is even better. Does anyone remember the bitter cold winter? In Kentucky, we had at least two weeks straight of temperatures well below zero, and loads and loads of ice. This May has swept the last bit of cold out of my bones, but I refuse to utter the words “I’m too hot”. I’m warm. And I’m so happy that my freckles are coming back.
- Keurigs are lovely. Red ones are even lovelier. Husband-Man accidentally cracked the carafe of my three year old French press, and I made it for a couple of weeks on instant coffee. And then Husband-Man got me a magical Keurig. Since formerly Brazil based missionary-kid Husband-Man hates coffee, a one cup brewer has been good for this lone coffee consumer.
- Schedule changes are difficult. Husband-Man got a job offer (PRAISE GOD!!!) last week, and started his new job this Tuesday. Waking up half an hour earlier is more of an adjustment than I thought it would be. But, see #3 about coffee goodness that makes this easier 🙂
- Even if you’re not from Kentucky and the references aren’t about your state, most everyone has a “home”. If it’s not your momma’s house or your grandma’s old house, it’s a place where you felt safe and comfortable. This month, I’ve loved this song, because it talks about my home and makes my heart smile.
- My favorite quote of the month is a gem from theologian G.K. Chesterton, found on the spine of an old Real Simple magazine. I want it to be a theme in my life.
“An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered.” -G.K. Chesterton
I’m joining Emily at Chatting at the Sky for a link-up about what we learned in the month of May. What did you learn?
Have a wonderful weekend, friends.